Sunday, November 25, 2012

It's Evenings Like This:
I've been out running errands, but made a stop in Barnes and Noble for a peppermint mocha and a few minutes of reading.  I sat at a window table reading Jane Austen's Persuasions.  It's chilly outside.  This week it's been near the mid 60s, but the last few days the high has been in the 40s.  As I walked out to my car, whether from swooning while reading Persuasions or from being chilly I was suddenly aware it's on evenings like this I wish I had a significant person in my life.  I would love to come home, share a bottle of wine while cooking dinner together.  Feeding each other sample spoonfulls of steaming food while it's still cooking.  The aromatic smells of dinner along with the occassional nibble of what we're cooking, and more wine making us giddy and flirty.  Then eating dinner together.  After dinner cuddled on the sofa with a blanket over us, pjs on, talking, laughing, sharing, watching TV, reading to one another.  Someone reading poetry to me and me reading to them is on my list of must do's.  Eventually evening giving way to night, drifting off to sleep, cozy and content.  It's evenings like this that I long for closeness on a chilly late Autumn night.  

No comments: