Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pushing My Boundaries:
One of the ways that I'm surrendering to the moment, pushing my boundaries, stepping out of my comfort zone, and BEing in the present, is by engaging in free writing.  I like to call this my spark writing.  These short vignettes provide me with kindling to fire the creative writing process.  It literally frees my creative side in a playful, whimisical, and interesting way.  These pieces take me out of the cognitive side of writing into the feeling, emotional, enriching stories that provides a meaningful support to deeper writing.  I write short stream of consciouness so I can dig deeper to find the well of creativity that is bursting to find a voice.  Spark writing enables me to get to the root of writing where the nourished, juicy parts are ready to be revealed.  

No comments: