Friday, February 06, 2009

This week has been so busy. There were times when I was rushed and caught up in the moment, going through the motion trying to get everything finished. Mid week I stopped when I had a few minutes at work alone. As I sat there to catch my breath I realized there is absolutely nothing to stress about. I rummaged through my purse looking for a piece of gum and instead I found a sticky note with quotes on them that I had scribbled during my last trip to Borders for mocha and good reads. These are the quotes that definitely put my mind in bliss mode and brought me back to the present where I should always stay, fully in the present because that is all we are given.

All quotes by Sri Swami Satchidananda
"The fact is, nothing outside you changes, you see only what you choose to see, your world reflects you."

"Life is a play. It was never meant to be a serious heavy thing, our own ego makes it that way. God just wanted to have some fun. That's why He created all of us."

"Happiness is our natural state when we are not doing unhappiness. Happy is what we are, unhappiness is what we do. Who would I be without my unhappiness?"

"Happiness is not dependent on circumstance. Happiness means meeting life as it is and not believeing our judgements and stories about how it should be"

3 comments:

Vintagedivva said...

Oh what a nice blog entry to read on this beautiful Sunday! I love the quotes too Lori! I used one of them today! Keep on smiling! :-)

christina said...

To take a moment to breath is just beautiful, isn't it? I appreciated reading these quotes. You always inspire me. : )

Lori said...

Thank you Nikki and Christina! I love these quotes they tend to put things in perspective and lighten my mood. Yes Christina taking that one moment to just breath is truly beautiful! Thank you! :)