Saturday, November 15, 2008

I was tagged by Christina from Soul Aperture to share 7 things about myself. This is exciting to do. I think because we take ourselves as we are sometimes, the little things that make us unique are not processed, it's just automatic. This is a perfect way to really think about yourself. I like this a lot. Thank you Christina!

1. I love creative writing, especially writing poetry.

2. I have been a vegetarian for a year and a half. I was a vegetarian in college for several years, then fell back into eat meat. A year and a half ago I became a vegetarian again and see this as a lifelong committment to myself. I feel healthier without eating meat. I also don't condemn other people who eat meat because they are doing what is right for themselves and I respect that.

3. I love to draw and paint. Not to say that I am good at drawing, painting, or writing, but I love to be creative and have fun creating.

4. I love to read and read all types of genres.

5. I love all types of music but I can not sing well or play a musical instrument. I think I could actually be tone deaf.

6. I am a teacher. I love when a child begins to read. The expression on their face when they see words they know, string them slowly together, and comprehend that the words they are reading are words they know and they read it by themselves is wonderful; it is truly priceless.

7. I am a procrastinator and put things off until the last possible minute. I think that I work better at the last minute and do not have time to second guess myself.

Ok, I can't wait to hear from:
Dawn at Carnal Zen
Michelle at In Search of Infinite Bliss
Frankie at Soul of A Dreamer
The Will of One

7 comments:

Jeanne Elle said...

#7 is me too... I can have all the time in the world to do something and I'll leave it until the very end, lol

Ruth said...

It's nice to meet you, Lori! My husband is a 3rd grade teacher, BTW. And I write poetry. And since Christina brought us together over onions, I see we have several things in common. :)

Lori said...

I know Jeanne. So true, all the time, I spend doing something else then I think oh gosh I gotta get that finished and start working on it. Cute Jeanne! :-)

We do have things in common. It is wonderful to meet you too Ruth. I can't wait to check out synch-ro-ni-zing. COOL! :-)

christina said...

Wow! I forgot you were a vegetarian. Your meals sound so delicious, I never miss the meat.

Hmm... #1. Bliss! ; )

I love that we share so much.

Thank you, friend.

Lori said...

I don't miss the meat either, occassionally I'll crave bacon or sausage or something, but then I realize I need more protein and eat vegetables and vegetable products with more protein. It is so amazing we have much in common and share so much! I love that! Thank you sweet Christina!

Frankie said...

So many of these are me to a T! :). I suppose we truly are kindred spirits. xoxo

Lori said...

That is amazing! So true that we are. :)
XO