Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sometimes I find it difficult to stay in the present moment. I get wrapped up with incidents of the past; what happened, how it happened, how could it have happened, what could I have done to make situations better, different, or just ok. Other moments are spent dreaming about the future, a fantasy land of grasping. This thinking, both of the past and the future are endless, ceaseless cycles that spiral, sometimes spiral out of control creating issues within. I found myself just being today. Sitting out in the gazebo taking in nature. I found myself breathing with ease and love. Not wrapped up in some story or thought, but in letting myself just be. Taking in, soaking in my surroundings, the beauty around me. Oh the flowers are gorgeous in raucous bloom, color exploding, the lilies, rose of Sharon, hydrangeas, and a few azaleas. The bird song, a beautiful melody, doves coo peaceful. Thankful, grateful, for this second in time, not striving, or grasping for anything. Just being. Just being one with my life. Just be.

5 comments:

christina said...

isn't that just the best... just being. allowing the moment to happen and being present. and who knows, maybe even creating a sweet memory or two.
: )
xo

Samosas for One said...

Awesome Lori. This reminded me of the first chapter of Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth.

Lori said...

Yes I love what you have said Christina to allow the moment to happen. Yes sweet memories. Thank you Christina!
Thank you Samosas! I haven't read that book yet. I've read, oh goodness I can't think of the name of it right now, but it was his book before New Earth.
:)

Vintagedivva said...

I too have been being in my gratefulness more than ever in my life and it's so uplifting.....You painted such a beautiful "Picture" with your words....I felt like I was there in all that beauty!
Hope you are well!
<3

Susie Hemingway said...

"What is this life if full of care
we have no time to stand and stare"

We must take time to just be, how wise you are. Just to stop for a short time and drink in the world around us. I love to 'people watch'. On Saturday it was our Village Fete and I found myself a little place to sit and watch all around me, laughing faces and all manner of interesting people. Taking time to still your mind is a wonderful occupation - enjoy.