Thursday, October 08, 2009

Today I woke up and was exhilarated with life. I think of all the wonderful aspects of my life that I have been so blessed to have experienced and will continue to experience. Life is an adventure. The season of Autumn reminds me of the adventure of life and takes my breath away with it's beauty. With the vibrant colors on the trees, to the brilliant azure blue sky, and the bite to the chilly mornings I am reminded that life is beautiful and meant to be lived fully. I am also reminded of the courage of so many people who are living with breast cancer and all forms of cancer. With these people there is a beauty in their fight to find cures and for life. As I woke up this morning with my windows open to let in the chill of Autumn's breeze, snuggled in my blankets I heard a train whistle in the distance. One box car does not make a train's noise, one engine does not make a train's roar, but with all the box cars and the engine the train roars down the track. I am reminded of all the people who daily gather together to blaze down the track to find cures for breast cancer and the courageous roar of people living with the disease. Let's all roar!

Train roars
Echoing across
Still quiet Autumn,
Dawn breaking
Into nature's noise,
Train whistle creates
Man made chaos.

The train poem has nothing to do with cancer but I created it when I first woke up this morning and wanted to share that too.

2 comments:

Susie Hemingway said...

How right you are when you refer to so many people looking for cures. Beautiful Autumn arrives as does each season, for some life is so difficult, that they miss the beauty of these glorious months. You are seeing life so clearly with sounds and clear vision and your poem sums this up well I thought. I liked this post a lot.

Lori said...

Thank you so much Susie. Hope all is well with all of you and your family.