Saturday, July 04, 2009

Christina at Soul Aperture http://soulaperture.blogspot.com/ is hosting the simple things that make us happy on July 8th. I am posting early. Thank you Christina for your constant inspiration, it means the world to me.

All the simple things that bring joy, add to a monumental thing called life. I love that life is made up of all the simple things that bring pleasure and joy. I am loving the extra time that I am getting to spend reading in the gazebo. The gazebo is surrounded by flowers in full bloom, trees, bird feeders with a large amount of birds and squirrels visiting. I love to be in nature, watching the sunset with all of my senses engaged to the world around me. I love every evening sitting in nature reading, contemplating, and sharing some time with a stray cat that I have been feeding for several weeks now. She is a black and white tuxedo cat and she will sit in the grass in the fading sun while I read, she naps, stretches lazily, naps again, but at the same time she seems to be keenly aware of everything going on around her. I am abundantly thankful for the precious, fun life I have been given.

5 comments:

christina said...

Life is such a precious gift. To sit and allow your surroundings to seep in to your soul, is a true and simple blessing.

You know that stray cat?? If she could talk, she would call you mom, by now. ; )
xo

Shell said...

A sweet list, Lori. I have a tuxedo cat too and they are the best.

Lori said...

Thanks Christina and Shell. Yesterday when we came home from vacation as we were unloading the car, I noticed as I started out the backdoor one time she was there peeking in the door looking for us right after we got home. She is feral and afraid of people so she will just share her space with me right now, but not let me touch her. She is precious and so sweet. Going to check out both of your posts now, can't wait!

Relyn Lawson said...

I'm just now getting around to visiting all of Christina's friends. I just wanted to say hello and tell you that I enjoyed reading your thoughts this morning.

Lori said...

Thank you Relyn. I always enjoy your blog also.